Where your money pays for mold and rodents
THINKING OF RENTING FROM 2LET2 ?
- "This letting agency have a very much "bleed the students dry" attitude with nothing in return. Appalling service with excuse after excuse made for errors they have made. Just avoid at costs"
- "Would never rent with these guys again. The manager there had an attitude of 'it isn't our problem' even though it was regarding rent/maintenance issues. For the amount of admin charges we had to pay their customer service definitely wasn't there."
- "I am absolutely mortified with this company, never received my deposit back. I paid for housing which was not up to standard, after complaining each week it was never sorted out. its nice nice to live with mould everywhere"
- "Hard to beleive how bad they were, dont expect a bond back, it took us over a year of repeatedly sending them council tax exempt certificates (third year students at the time) before they said we would get nothing, lied about damages and used our bond to pay for the house to be refurbished, which we were told was overdue when we moved in. One of my housemates actually got threatened with physical violence after complaining to the boss and we had to call the police for our own safety. Unhelpful with maintenance although no worse than some other agents i have used. Needs reminding repeatedly if you want anything done. Also messed up our paperwork so we had someone on the contract who had dropped out in the first month and been replaced, which added extra stress to trying to trying to reclaim the bond half of us were relying on for our summer plans. Avoid at all costs! you have been warned"
- "I advise anyone not to go with this poor excuse for a letting agency. They assume that because you are a student you don't know how they should be running their business. They'll fail to give you 24 hours notice before letting themselves into your property for viewings or whatever else. If you want a problem sorted with your landlord they won't get in contact with them for you and you don't have the landlords details to get in contact yourself. They took months before sorting out problems we identified with the house at the beginning of our tenancy (things like the fridge/freezer not working meaning we kept losing lots of food because it was going off. Thus wasting money we don't have) and even then it was only because we hassled them 4 or 5 times. Someone working there will tell you one thing and another will tell you something else. They won't let you know when you've missed a payment then the first you hear about it will be when they contact your guarantor. Contacting the guarantor should be a last resort after making contact with the tenant. I didn't receive any emails regarding missed payment and as I had set up a direct debit I didn't know anything was wrong. As soon as my guarantor told me I had missed payment I sorted it out and paid the rent but tried to dispute that I shouldn't have to pay 2 months late payment fee's as they never informed me of the problem. However, they failed to recognise their mistake and made me pay (it's in the contract so I knew it was likely they wouldn't stop it but I didn't receive so much as an apology and only received a reply to my email disputing the fee a month after I sent it when I emailed again asking for a response). When I have informed them that their customer service was appalling and given examples of how, they responded by giving excuses to each example and making out that each example was my fault, not theirs. Finally (though there's plenty more I could discuss but think I should wrap this up) when two of our tenants left the house we were told we would be given notice if another tenant was to move in. However, when we arrived back at the house after the christmas holidays there was a new tenant living there and we hadn't been informed. Imagine walking in to find an unexpected stranger in your house. How were we to know this wasn't a burglar? It's a miracle we got our deposit back (minus ï¿½7.50 for fire alarms they failed to renew batteries for before we even moved in). We fully expected to robbed of our bond as well! What happened to the business philosophy of Customer First? Sort yourselves out!! Anyone looking for a house, no matter how nice one of theirs looks, It's not worth it for their service and I've found many others to agree.. just type in 2let2 into the search bar on twitter!"
- "We had many maintenance issues and unless we asked them 4/5 times nothing ever got done. All repairs were done in the cheapest way possible so ended up breaking and needing renewing in next to no time. Would not recommend."